Ystad Sweden Jazz Festival started in 2010 and is done entirely on a non-profit basis by a festival committee that works with the festival all year round, as well as just over 100 volunteers during the festival itself. Music in the South is a co-producer. Sweden’s most internationally known pianist, Ystad resident Jan Lundgren, is the artistic director of the festival. Feel free to read more about Jan Lundgren at www.friendsofjanlundgren.com
The audience is annually invited to 35-40 concerts with international world artists, Swedish legends and Swedish musicians on the verge of an international career. JazzKidz concerts are arranged for children.
Together with Copenhagen Jazz in Denmark, Molde Jazz in Norway and Pori Jazz in Finland, Ystad Sweden Jazz Festival is one of the largest Nordic jazz festivals. The festival also has the quality stamp EFFE, selected from Europe’s major festivals.
As a member of the Friends of the Yazz Festival:
- you help support a world-class jazz festival
- you get your name presented at www.ystadjazz.se
- you get your name in the festival program, if the membership fee is paid before printing
- do you participate as a sponsor and concert host for at least one concert during the festival
- you get an invitation to a special concert with other Yazz friends.